Children and Young Persons Service
About the service
We provide support from a non-medical perspective to our patients aged 4 to 19 (up to 24 years for patients with learning difficulties and/or additional needs), using a holistic approach that considers all aspects of wellbeing, both physical and emotional.
How we can help
Our team offers social prescribing and health and wellbeing coaching services, that aim to support patients in navigating the health and social care system, guiding individuals towards appropriate community resources and services that can further support their wellbeing. We believe in empowering individuals to actively participate in their own wellbeing by setting goals that are meaningful to them and working together to identify effective strategies for managing emotions in the future.
This service does not include
- Diagnosing, prescribing or offering medication reviews
- Urgent response or crisis management support – if you are experiencing a mental health crisis please see the below contact numbers
- Counselling, but we can help signpost you to the most appropriate service.
- ADHD/ASD or mental health assessments
- Support for significant suicidal thoughts / attempts, significant self-harm, severe drug or alcohol misuse, eating disorders or possible psychotic disorders
Support for mental health
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, the quickest way to get help at any time of the day or night is to call NHS 111 and select option 2 for mental health services. In the case of serious illness or injury, dial 999 for emergency services.
For more information on services that can help you with your mental health see our useful contacts for children and young person’s page.